I love easy weeknight recipes, particularly ones that yield tons of leftovers that I can take to work throughout the week! Here’s one of my favorites. It’s adapted from a recipe my sister shared with me a couple of years ago. I was craving her recipe the other day, realized I lost it, and couldn’t get ahold of her on the phone to get it again. So…I made something up based on what I remembered, and it actually turned out really great!
Since I made up this recipe, I didn’t pay attention to quantities, so I apologize for how vague these directions are! The good thing is that the ingredients all taste great together, so you really can’t go wrong regardless of the quantities you use.
- Feta cheese (~1/2 cup)
- Jar Roasted red peppers (~ 3 to 4 of the large slices out of the jar)
- Pitted kalamata olives, diced (~ 20 of them)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 lemon
- Greek seasoning (optional)
- Olive oil
- Pita Bread
To make the Chickpea Salad:
- Rinse and drain the two cans of chickpeas in a strainer.
- Slice the kalamata olives.
- Dice the roasted red peppers.
- Crumble the feta cheese (I buy it already crumbled at Whole Foods.
- Combine above four ingredients in a bowl.
- For the dressing, use 3 parts olive oil to 1 part lemon juice. I also sprinkled in a bit of greek seasoning.
- Add the dressing to the mixture above along (amount depends on your preference) with some salt and pepper.
To make the Pita Chips:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each pita into 6 triangles.
- Spread pita triangles out on a baking sheet, and brush each piece with olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for ~ 12 minutes or until crispy.
Here’s the final product:
What’s your favorite weeknight recipe?
- Welcome to my blog! I’m Gina, an avid runner living in St. Louis, MO. Check out my blog for tips on running, swimming, race recaps, book reviews, and recipes! Follow me on twitter at @ginabhawalkar, or feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com. Thanks for reading!
March 9th - Quivering Quads Trail Half Marathon
June 1st - Steamboat Springs Half Marathon
August 30th - KT82 Trail Relay Race